Friday, November 28, 2008

A cliche...

At this time of year, we are often asked to speak of what we are thankful for. No one has specifically asked me that this year except I have asked it of myself.
What am I thankful for...?

I'm thankful for...

1. my health. I'm not getting younger so this has been on my mind lately.

2. the friends who over the past couple of years have been supportive without being a crutch. Those that would not give into attention seeking, approval needing behavior but would kindly tell me I was being a git and to pull my head out of my ass. THANK YOU for helping me to stand on my own!

3. my exes. I am so thankful you are no longer in my life.

4. a family that loves me. We don't see eye to eye on most things but we are amazing at loving each other anyway. I know I am always missed when I am not there and welcomed with open arms when I can make it to a gathering. I love you guys so much.

5. my coven. A second family. What can I say... these people have shown me ways to own my shit. I have had my mind and my universe expanded because of the things I have learned among you and so much more.

6. my job. I stated in my last blog that this is not an economy to be unemployed in. I feel that I am lucky enough to be doing something that is somewhat enjoyable. I am able to pay my bills and have a little left over on occasion. I'm lucky

7. my first kiss and every first kiss that came after that. That sweet sweet moment of glorious connection between two people. I hope I have many more.

8. the fact that my name is not on any catalog mailing lists. What a nightmare.

There is so much I am thankful for. The above list is by no means all inclusive.
I do need to mention one more thing though, before I post this blog. Feel free to sing a long...

T
o all the girls I've loved before
Who traveled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the girls I've loved before

To all the girls I once caressed
And may I say I've held the best
For helping me to grow
I owe a lot I know
To all the girls I've loved before

The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

To all the girls who shared my life
Who now are someone else's wives
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song
To all the girls I've loved before

To all the girls who cared for me
Who filled my nights with ecstasy
They live within my heart
I'll always be a part
Of all the girls I've loved before

The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

To all the girls I've loved before
Who traveled in and out our doors
We're glad they came along
We dedicate this song
To all the girls I've loved before




2 comments:

kat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog so I thought I head over and check yours.

Halleluja with regards to number 3. LOL

Fantastic Five said...

The magazine subscription comment cracked me up - man alive I would like to know who subscribed me to some of the ones coming to my house!!!

Thank you for all your nice comments on my blog - it's awesome to see comments and feel like you have a lot of friends!!!!